One of cuppings’ most tantalizing applications is its ability to dredge the intercostals by gently sliding the apparatus along the muscular & fascial contours of the ribs. It can feel quite invigorating, and, as you can see, draws lots of “blood heat” out toward the epidermis, producing a skin redness akin to a guasha treatment.
⚛ Here I am working around 🌳Ganshu (BL18), the back shu point of the liver. Heat in the blood can come from overconsumption of fatty foods, drugs and alcohol—all of which are tended to by the livers enzymes & cytochromes. An excess of these foods and drinks can inflame the liver and irritate digestion and mood. Blood heat (inflammation) can also build up from stress and anxiety, which trigger production of immunosuppressant hormones like cortisol. No Bueno. 💣 The sliding cup helps pull out the heat while opening and dispersing stagnant materials in the exterior body tissues: pain is diminished as blood is moved. The serratus muscles are given a great release as well.
⚖ A reduction in body temperature is something I’ve often noticed, too. Quite a nice therapy when you feel hot all the time!
🔥🔥 come try it some time. You’ll not regret it~
Please fill out these online intake forms via Noterro. This will save a lot of time, and it will improve your treatment!
Treatments are performed with clinical expectations and parameters, but eclectic diagnostics like pulse and tongue observation are used to generate treatment plans. The treatment is tailored toward the individual, and is not a routine. I work with you, and we make a plan together to achieve true healing. You are encouraged to bring any relevant medical results (i.e. x-rays, lab results, etc.).
If you are curious about the healing techniques, read more about them by clicking here.
Things New Patients Should Know
- New patients are asked to fill out in-take forms regarding the chief complaint & the history of their health.
- Treatments are done one-on-one, though if the patient desires a relative or friend be present, that is acceptable.
- Treatments can be booked by calling or texting 512-216-4325.
- Many of the techniques require direct access to skin, so patients are asked to wear loose clothing, or outfits that are easy to change out of, so that a clinic gown can be worn. [Note: This is completely at the discretion of the patient, and I will gladly respect your style and adapt the treatment to your clothing choices. No changing is required.]
- Acupuncture, Cupping and Guasha can produce hematoma (bruising) and petechiae, which manifests as a redness on the skin’s surface. These marks go away quickly and are indicative of inflammation held in the fascia and muscles. If you’ve ever got questions about these marks, please contact me.
- If you are needle sensitive, we won’t have to use needles. We can use acupressure and other techniques.
- Insurance is not accepted.
- A single treatment can be very effective, but in order to completely resolve an issue, more treatments are possibly necessary.
- Intake Form
Some questions can only be answered by experiencing a treatment. Call 512-216-4325 or visit the online booking page to schedule a free phone consultation or your first treatment.