Please fill out these online intake forms via Noterro. This will save a lot of time, and it will improve your treatment!
Treatments are performed with clinical expectations and parameters, but eclectic diagnostics like pulse and tongue observation are used to generate treatment plans. The treatment is tailored toward the individual, and is not a routine. I work with you, and we make a plan together to achieve true healing. You are encouraged to bring any relevant medical results (i.e. x-rays, lab results, etc.).
If you are curious about the healing techniques, read more about them by clicking here.
Things New Patients Should Know
- New patients are asked to fill out in-take forms regarding the chief complaint & the history of their health.
- Treatments are done one-on-one, though if the patient desires a relative or friend be present, that is acceptable.
- Treatments can be booked by calling or texting 512-216-4325.
- Many of the techniques require direct access to skin, so patients are asked to wear loose clothing, or outfits that are easy to change out of, so that a clinic gown can be worn. [Note: This is completely at the discretion of the patient, and I will gladly respect your style and adapt the treatment to your clothing choices. No changing is required.]
- Acupuncture, Cupping and Guasha can produce hematoma (bruising) and petechiae, which manifests as a redness on the skin’s surface. These marks go away quickly and are indicative of inflammation held in the fascia and muscles. If you’ve ever got questions about these marks, please contact me.
- If you are needle sensitive, we won’t have to use needles. We can use acupressure and other techniques.
- Insurance is not accepted.
- A single treatment can be very effective, but in order to completely resolve an issue, more treatments are possibly necessary.
- Intake Form
Some questions can only be answered by experiencing a treatment. Call 512-216-4325 or visit the online booking page to schedule a free phone consultation or your first treatment.
Hello! My name is Jacob Cain McRae, and CAIN Healing Arts is my attempt to inspire self-healing and rejuvenation in the world. I am currently in graduate school for Integrated Medicine, Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine. I never imagined pursuing a career in this discipline, as I was an English major who worked primarily administrative jobs. Yet I was called toward healing, because my life was riddled with a lot of trauma, especially from childhood. The older I get, the more distinctly I comprehend how these issues are knotted together, and by working with them holistically, a greater transformation of the body, mind and soul can occur.
I offer bodywork therapies and methods that helped me heal from both physical and spiritual injury, including: Tui na (Chinese Medical Massage), Cupping, Gua Sha (Scraping), Medical Qi Gong, Reiki, and Chakra Flow Yoga. My passion lies with herbs, and I seek to help people understand how to use them safely. Please enjoy my blog!
Stay tuned for more posts about healing, from a perspective that bridges the mystic with the scientific. Also if you’re in the Austin area and you’re looking for a healer, buy some time by visiting my booking site. I’ll gladly do a phone consultation or e-mail, as well, so feel free to contact me!